Hearing aids remain the foundational solution for hearing loss. But today’s technologies can build on that foundation to take your experience to the next level. Here are some examples of how technological solutions available at The ENT Center can add even more functionality and options to your hearing life.
- Android device integration. Stream audio content directly to your hearing aids and even cochlear implants, and use apps to adjust volume and make changes to device programming.
- Rechargeable batteries for a lower-maintenance lifestyle. All major manufacturers now offer at least a receiver-in-the-canal (RIC) style hearing aid that has a built-in lithium ion rechargeable battery. Charge them at night and rock through your days with no worries about the dreaded low-battery warning.
- New cochlear implant solution. The Cochlear Nucleus ® Profile ™ Plus Series Cochlear implant is MRI-safe for 3.0 and 1.5 Tesla MRI scans with no need for an internal magnet removal or wearing a head wrap.
- Phonak Roger Direct. This device enables Roger microphones to stream directly to the hearing aids with no additional attachments to the hearing aids. Enjoy the confidence and ease that comes with reduced background noise for enhanced ability to follow conversations.
- Innovation for single-sided hearing loss. The Oticon CROS/BiCROS provides a fuller, more open sound experience, transmitting sound from the poorer-hearing ear to the better-hearing ear.